Course No. N/A
User Story Workshop
Creating user stories as a means of tracking project requirements is far different than creating large documents to capture all requirements up front. This change may seem overwhelming and intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. This course provides in-depth training for creating user stories, decomposing user stories, grooming the product backlog and estimating using relative sizing. In accordance with nTier’s hands-on teaching philosophy, this workshop is 50 percent lecture and 50 percent exercises with interactive discussion.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
- User Stories
- Requirements and the Product Backlog
- Epics, Features and Release Planning
- Building a Solid Product Backlog from Release Planning Stories
- Creating a User Story Template
- I.N.V.E.S.T in Good User Stories
- Handling Non-Functional Requirements
- Just Enough Elaboration
- Conducting a Story-Writing Workshop
- Roles and Personas
- Creating Acceptance Criteria and Defining “Done”
- Story Aggregation and Decomposition
- Spikes and Special Stories
- Grooming the Backlog
- Looking Ahead
- Groom Continually
- Value Assessment
- Risk-Based Prioritization
- Estimation Basics
- Estimates versus Commitment
- Relative Sizing
- Planning Poker
- Sizing the Product Backlog
IT Training, Agile Ways of Working and High Impact Talent Development Strategies
Let Us Come to You!
Classes recently delivered in: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jerusalem, London, Milan, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Springfield, Mass., St. Louis, Tampa and more!