Course No. N/A
Test-Driven Development (TDD) for Java
nTier’s intensive hands-on course will teach you how to integrate Test Driven Development (TDD) to fully harness the power of modern best practices to provide the most valuable software possible. TDD is about return-on-investment; this course shows you how to implement TDD for results! Derived from our 2 week “Effective Software Development Boot Camp”, this course is highly customizable to fit your specific needs – just ask!
This class is tailored to serve the following audiences: Software Developers, Technical team leaders and Managers needing to better understand the technologies they oversee.
Default language focus is on Java, but the training can be delivered relevant to: Java, C#, VB.net, & C++ languages.
Students should complete at least 3-6 months experience with the programming language you want to learn TDD in before taking this course.
- Learn to integrate TDD
- Acquire hands-on, intensive practice using TDD principles
- Equip your project team to give the best ROI possible
- Definitions and Uses of Test Driven Development
- Why Test Driven Development?
- What is Test Driven Development?
- TDD Benefits, Best Practices, and Anti-Patterns
- TDD Microcycle
- Development environment discussion
- Testable Designs
- TDD and Collaborating Objects – testing the code in the middle
- Test Fakes, Subs, Doubles, Mocks
- Managing External Dependence
- Self-Validating Mock Objects
- Delegation and Why it is so Powerful
- How Various Design Patterns Leverage Delegation
- Intro to Refactoring
- Test Smells, Code Smells
- Critical Skills
- Incremental Improvement
- Architectural Vision and Incremental Delivery
- The Big Picture
- Vertical Slices
- From Specific to General
IT Training, Agile Ways of Working and High Impact Talent Development Strategies
Let Us Come to You!
Classes recently delivered in: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jerusalem, London, Milan, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Springfield, Mass., St. Louis, Tampa and more!