Course No. N/A
Survey of Design Patterns Training
Solid Java programming experience is extremely helpful – especially object-oriented use of the language. Language features and techniques that are integral to some lab exercises include interfaces and abstract classes, threading, generics, collections, and recursive methods. Previous experience with UML (Unified Modeling Language) will be helpful, but is not critical. The course uses UML class diagrams extensively but keeps notation fairly simple, and also includes a quick-reference appendix.
- Start to think in terms of design patterns.
- Recognize and apply patterns to specific software development problems.
- Use known patterns as a shared vocabulary in designing and discussing solutions.
- Gain hands on practice with all 23 Gang of Four (GoF) Design Patterns.
- Understand and apply a range of other J2SE and JEE patterns to improve code quality and scalability, and to produce high-quality solutions right off the bat
- Recognizing and Applying Patterns
- Design Patterns
- Defining a Pattern
- Unified Modeling Language
- Seeing Patterns
- Warning Signs and Pitfalls
- Creational Patterns
- Factory Patterns
- The Singleton Pattern
- APIs and Providers
- Cascading Factories
- Behavioral Patterns
- The Strategy Patterns
- The Template Method Pattern
- The Observer Pattern
- The Model/View/Controller Pattern
- The Command Pattern
- The Chain of Responsibility Pattern
- Structural Patterns
- The Composite Pattern
- The Adapter Pattern
- The Decorator Pattern
- The Facade Pattern
- The Flyweight Pattern
- J2EE Patterns (Optional)
- Model/View/Controller, Redux
- The Intercepting Filter Pattern
- The Front and Application Controller Patterns
- The Business Delegate Pattern
- The Service Locator Pattern
- The Transfer Object Pattern
- The Composite Entity Pattern
- The Data Access Object Pattern
- Appendix A – Learning Resources
IT Training, Agile Ways of Working and High Impact Talent Development Strategies
Let Us Come to You!
Classes recently delivered in: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jerusalem, London, Milan, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Springfield, Mass., St. Louis, Tampa and more!