Course No. N/A
SAP Business Objects Information Design Tool
This three-day course is designed to equip the student with the comprehensive skills necessary to work with the Information Design Tool. The Information Design Tool enables designers to extract, define, and manipulate metadata from relational and OLAP sources to create and deploy SAP BusinessObjects universes. In this course students will learn how to use data from different source systems (SAP and non-SAP) with the SAP BusinessObjects BI client tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational, also OLAP database management systems concepts and structures
- Basic knowledge of in reporting with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- Basic knowledge of the SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse platform and BEx Query Designer
- What is the information design tool?
- Work with Projects
- Create a local project
- About shared projects
- Create a local project and retrieving a published Universe
- Create the data foundation
- Create a database connection
- Create a data foundation
- Define joins in a data foundation
- Create a business layer
- Create folders and objects
- Create measure objects
- Resolve Loops Use aliases
- Resolve Loops Use contexts
- Define data restrictions
- Work with LOVs
- Use Parameters restrict data
- Use @functions also Aggregate Awareness
- Create Derived Tables and Index Awareness
- Maintain universes
- Deplore and manage and maintain universes
- Document universes
IT Training, Agile Ways of Working and High Impact Talent Development Strategies
Let Us Come to You!
Classes recently delivered in: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jerusalem, London, Milan, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Springfield, Mass., St. Louis, Tampa and more!