Course No. N/A
There are no required prerequisites, but knowledge of HTML is helpful.
- Data types, literals and variables
- Operators, control structures and functions
- Navigator, windows frames dynamic images and links
- Event handling, regular expressions and form validation
- What Versions? What Browsers?
- Script Setup
- Generating HTML and Printing Output
- About Debugging
- The Building Blocks: Data Types, Literals, and Variables
- Bugs to Watch For
- Dialog Boxes
- Interacting with the User Exercises
- Types of Operators Number, String, or Boolean?
- Datatype Conversion
- Special Operators
- Control Structures, Blocks, and Compound Statements
- What Is a Function?
- What Are Objects?
- User-Defined Objects
- Manipulating Objects
- What Are Core Objects?
- Array Objects
- Array Properties and Methods
- The Date Object
- The Math Object
- What Is a Wrapper Object?
- The Browser Objects: Navigator, Windows, and Frames
- The Document Objects: Forms, Images, and Links
- The Document Object Model
- Introduction to Forms
- Introduction to Images
- Introduction to Links
- Handling Events
- Introduction to Event Handlers
- Handling a Window or Frame Event
- Handling Mouse Events
- Handling Link Events
- Handling a Form Event
- Handling Key Events: onKeyPress, onKeyDown, and onKeyUp
- Handling Error Events
- The event Object
- Regular Expressions and Pattern Matching
- What Is a Regular Expression?
- Creating a Regular Expression
- Getting Control–The Metacharacters
- Form Validation with Regular Expressions
- What Are Cookies?
- What Is Dynamic HTML?
- What Is a Style Sheet?
- Types of Style Sheets
- HTML Documents: A Basic Introduction
- Intro to the Intro
- What Is HTML? HTML Tags
- The Minimal HTML Document
- Character Formatting
- Adding Comments
- Case Sensitivity
- Graphics and Images
- Metatags, Cascading Style Sheets, and Java
- Looking Behind the Scenes, or; What Did We Do Before the Right-Click?
- What About Frames?
- CGI and Perl: They Hyper Dynamic Duo
- What Is CGI?
- Internet Communication Between Client and Server
- Creating a Web Page with HTML
- How HTML and CGI Work Together
- Log Files
- Where to Find CGI Applications
- Getting Information Into and Out of the CGI Script
- Processing Forms with CGI
- The CGIpm Module
IT Training, Agile Ways of Working and High Impact Talent Development Strategies
Let Us Come to You!
Classes recently delivered in: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jerusalem, London, Milan, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Springfield, Mass., St. Louis, Tampa and more!