Course No. N/A
Hadoop for Executives and Managers
This interactive seminar with Q&A explores the brave new world of Big Data for executives, IT managers and investors who want to learn about Hadoop and Big Data. High-level topics covered include benefits, business opportunities, challenges, technologies and implementation stages.
No prerequisites are required for this seminar.
- Review Big Data challenges, potential and benefits
- Understand Hadoop’s role in Big Data and the roles of related technologies
- Survey typical use cases in various industries
- Recognize the phases of Big Data technologies adoption in the enterprise
- Preview of the future of Hadoop and Big Data
- Big Data Potential and Benefits
- What is Big Data?
- Challenges of Processing
- New Ways of Data Thinking
- Uses and Benefits
- Big Data Players, Their Approaches
- Untapped Potential
- Hadoop and Big Data Technologies
- History of Hadoop Tools
- Architectural Concepts
- Who Is Using Hadoop?
- Hadoop Skills and Job Market
- Distributions and Support
- Eight Use Cases: How Hadoop Can Help You
- Typical Use Cases in Various Industries/Sectors
- Note: This section may be tailored to fit a specific sector(s)
- Social Networking
- Marketing and Advertising
- Financial Risk / Insurance
- Law Enforcement
- Sales and Market Analytics
- Fraud Detection
- Government and Politics
- Language, Meaning, Feeling
- Human Resources
- Hadoop and Big Data Adoption
- Hadoop Benefits: Storage and Processing
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Integration with Hadoop (BI Tools, Databases, Visualization, etc.)
- What is Possible: Batch Analysis, Real Time Analysis, Analytics
- Competing and Complementing Technologies (Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, etc.)
- Planning Adoption: Use Cases, Pilot Projects, Implementations
- Key Challenges of Adopting Hadoop and Big Data
- Production and Beyond
- The Role of Iterative Design and Development
- The Future of Big Data and Hadoop
- Adoption Trends
- Hadoop Developments and Alternatives
- What’s Next for Big Data?
IT Training, Agile Ways of Working and High Impact Talent Development Strategies
Let Us Come to You!
Classes recently delivered in: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jerusalem, London, Milan, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Springfield, Mass., St. Louis, Tampa and more!