Course No. N/A
You may have adopted an Agile approach, but are you really taking advantage of what is possible when going Agile? What does it take to really make your teams flourish? Sometimes knowledge is not enough. It takes someone to facilitate the process, someone to make all the moving pieces work together.
All great championship teams have great coaches. If you want a champion performance from your teams, they need someone to not only coach but to facilitate the process.
Our two-day course will provide the tools needed to ensure your teams are working at their best. Through a combination of lecture, discussion and hands-on exercises, your facilitators will embark on a journey to become a vital part of implementing Agile. The course focuses primarily on the mindset and role of an Agile team facilitator while also providing group facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and drive towards agreed-upon outcomes. Participants will understand the facilitator’s role, the mindset and behaviors needed to bring out the best in a team.
We recommend a basic background in Agile or Agile Foundations Course.
- Understand the importance of maintaining neutrality when guiding group work and team decision making
- Learn the key characteristics and behaviors to exhibit as a facilitator
- Understand to balance between unbiased facilitator and process enforcer
- Gain insights into how to design meetings for effective collaboration amongst the team
- Learn techniques for managing conflict
- Learn how to facilitate agile ceremonies and other project planning events
- Agile Facilitation and Roles
- Facilitator role
- Facilitator skills
- Assessing your listening skills
- The path to service
- Designing Meetings
- Facilitate a Generate brainstorming session
- Facilitate a Converge and Organize session
- Facilitate a Evaluate and Build Consensus session
- Managing Dysfunctional Behavior
- Types of dysfunctional behavior/conflict
- Dealing with conflict
- Team Development and Facilitation
- Understanding team development
- Setting the team environment
- Characteristics of an Agile team
- Designing meetings for team interaction
- Facilitating Agile Events (Part 1)
- Setting the facilitation context
- Project Chartering
- Team Chartering
- Release planning/iteration planning
- Facilitating Agile Events (Part 2)
- Facilitating Group Sessions for Distributed Teams
- Facilitating Phone Conference Calls
- Self-assessment and action plan
- End of course review
IT Training, Agile Ways of Working and High Impact Talent Development Strategies
Let Us Come to You!
Classes recently delivered in: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jerusalem, London, Milan, New York, Palo Alto, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Springfield, Mass., St. Louis, Tampa and more!