This customizable, 2-day workshop is designed to quickly get a team or teams up and running with Taiga. In-class exercises introduce participants to their roles, responsibilities, interactions, tools and Agile processes. These exercises are then extended to include information from the team’s current project.
The workshop’s typical crawl-walk-run format includes: a crawl stage with presentations and discussion of key concepts; a walk stage that includes an experiential exercise to learn how to apply concepts; a run stage where the exercises are repeated using actual data from the team’s project.
2 days (optional 3rd day)
This course is appropriate for one or more Agile teams just starting or about to start on a new project.
No prerequisites are required for this class.
- Agile Overview
- The Agile Manifesto and Principles
- The Agile Team – What is cross functionality?
- Work in Agile – How do we break it down?
- Lab – Intro to the Taiga Environment
- Scrum Overview
- Roles and Responsibilities
- How it Works
- User Stories
- Definition of Ready
- Definition of Done
- Lab – Creating a Scrum Project in Taiga
- Kanban Overview
- Lean Development Principles
- How it Works
- The Board
- Kanban Cards
- Lab – Creating a Kanban Project in Taiga
- Agile Estimation
- Relative Sizing
- Team Estimation Method
- Lab – Using Taiga Seed
- Next Steps
- Agile Anti Patterns
- Taiga Best Practices
- Wiki and Plugins
- Admin and Customization Q & A
(Optional) Day 3
- Team Specific Project – Coaching
- Project Initiation/Chartering
- Agile Planning to Include Estimation
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Getting Set up in Taiga – Scrum or Kanban