This course teaches participants to deploy basic system configurations using best practices for Puppet in a Master-Agent setup. The majority of class time is spent constructing scripts for different scenarios together as a class.
Students need no prior experience with Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source. However, familiarly with the command line, such as Bash or PowerShell, is required.
- Fundamental Component Roles that Make Up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source)
- Core Concepts for the Puppet DSL
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating Logic from Presentation Using Templates
- Modeling Repeatable Portions of Your Configuration Using Defined Resource Types
- Building a Foundation for Creating More Complex Configurations Using Advanced Classes
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation Using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification Using Parameterized Classes and ADB
- Introduction to Modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules
- Introduction to the Roles and Profiles Design Pattern