By the end of this course, students will have created multiple applications using drag-n-drop and XML layouts, will understand application lifecycle and be familiar with Eclipse and the Android SDK tools.
Audience: This course is designed for software developers who are new to Android development and need to create professional mobile applications.
Some Java experience is required.
- Build professional mobile business applications using Java and the Android 4.3
- SDK tools
- Design multiple UIs using drag-n-drop and XML layouts for phone and tablets
- Implement Android building blocks, including activities, services, providers and receivers
- Store and retrieve data with the SQLite database
- Integrate Android applications with enterprise web and location-based services
- Sign and publish completed programs in the Android Market for widespread distribution